I love the sport but I don't understand how a driver, lets take Tony Stewart (my fav) for instance. He finishes 38. someone like Elliott Sadler finished 28th. Tony makes a bigger payday? how does Nascar pay these drivers. I've never understood that
I love the sport but I don't understand how a driver, lets take Tony Stewart (my fav) for instance. He finishes 38. someone like Elliott Sadler finished 28th. Tony makes a bigger payday? how does Nascar pay these drivers. I've never understood that
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
here is an example from last week
Jr. finished 43rd and makes more than Hamlin who finished 6th
1 Kyle Busch (5) Chevrolet 190/10 308 107 $242,175 Chart
2 Carl Edwards (99) Ford 170/0 308 0 $177,900 Chart
3 Greg Biffle (16) Ford 170/5 308 25 $142,950 Chart
4 Mark Martin (6) Ford 160/0 308 0 $124,700 Chart
5 Kevin Harvick (29) Chevrolet 155/0 308 0 $143,461 Chart
6 Denny Hamlin (11) Chevrolet 155/5 308 1 $95,425 Chart
7 Jeff Burton (31) Chevrolet 151/5 308 37 $127,870 Chart
8 Kasey Kahne (9) Dodge 142/0 308 0 $119,689 Chart
9 Jimmie Johnson (48) Chevrolet 138/0 308 0 $127,711 Chart
10 Scott Riggs (10) Dodge 134/0 308 0 $92,425 Chart
11 David Stremme (40) Dodge 130/0 308 0 $109,233 Chart
12 J.J. Yeley (18) Chevrolet 127/0 308 0 $114,950 Chart
13 Dave Blaney (22) Dodge 124/0 308 0 $95,783 Chart
14 Matt Kenseth (17) Ford 121/0 308 0 $119,716 Chart
15 Jeff Gordon (24) Chevrolet 123/5 308 1 $121,961 Chart
16 Sterling Marlin (14) Chevrolet 115/0 308 0 $90,333 Chart
17 Brian Vickers (25) Chevrolet 117/5 308 34 $90,525 Chart
18 Martin Truex Jr. (1) Chevrolet 109/0 308 0 $95,083 Chart
19 Robby Gordon (7) Chevrolet 106/0 308 0 $75,125 Chart
20 Scott Wimmer (4) Chevrolet 103/0 308 0 $77,625 Chart
21 Casey Mears (42) Dodge 100/0 308 0 $108,658 Chart
22 Tony Raines (96) Chevrolet 97/0 308 0 $74,200 Chart
23 Bobby Labonte (43) Dodge 94/0 308 0 $110,836 Chart
24 Reed Sorenson (41) Dodge 96/5 308 31 $92,550 Chart
25 Elliott Sadler (38) Ford 93/5 307 5 $101,608 Chart
26 Jeff Green (66) Chevrolet 85/0 307 0 $90,647 Chart
27 Clint Bowyer (07) Chevrolet 87/5 307 23 $80,375 Chart
28 Kyle Petty (45) Dodge 79/0 306 0 $77,675 Chart
29 Jeremy Mayfield (19) Dodge 76/0 306 0 $99,391 Chart
30 Kevin Lepage (49) Dodge 73/0 306 0 $69,650 Chart
31 Dale Jarrett (88) Ford 70/0 306 0 $101,025 Chart
32 Bill Elliott (100) Chevrolet 67/0 305 0 $68,725 Chart
33 Jamie McMurray (26) Ford 64/0 303 0 $116,300 Chart
34 Ken Schrader (21) Ford 61/0 303 0 $95,539 Chart
35 Travis Kvapil (32) Chevrolet 58/0 301 0 $68,125 Chart
36 Michael Waltrip (55) Dodge 55/0 300 0 $67,900 Chart
37 Tony Stewart (20) Chevrolet 57/5 285 28 $121,636 Chart
38 Kurt Busch (2) Dodge 49/0 285 0 $108,533 Chart
39 Ryan Newman (12) Dodge 51/5 279 16 $121,483 Chart
40 Stanton Barrett Jr. (152) Chevrolet 43/0 200 0 $67,225 Chart
41 Joe Nemechek (01) Chevrolet 40/0 199 0 $93,405 Chart
42 Kenny Wallace (178) Chevrolet 37/0 184 0 $66,935 Chart
43 Dale Earnhardt Jr. (8) Chevrolet 34/0 134 0 $102,130 Chart
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
im guessing with leading lap bonuses, i think you get a certain amount of money from where you qualify ect
Reeking of awesomeness!
jr. lead 0 laps. Hamlin let 1 lap
it is a little easier to read here
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/nexte...ults?year=2006
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
well i was taking a guess i ahve no clue
Reeking of awesomeness!
Some of the money is based on last year. If they finish in a higher spot, they become eligible to win more. It's a weird thing to figure, I used to try back years ago.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Looks like pretty good paydays to me even the least amount.
Sponsor incentives, performance bonus, etc.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
no, this is just the purse for the race. not sponsor or incentives
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Actually yes it is. The more sponsors they have(minor ones included), the more money divided into their car per race if I am not mistaken when it comes to the purse.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks